Lazada Philippines

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

5 Foods found in Laguna and Quezon



Just recently, I have tasted again some foods found in Quezon and Laguna. I told my officemates about this and one  knows what I am talking about so here it is.


1) Kibit (Chiton)
Uncooked Kibit
Fried Kibit 
 These are mollusks found mainly on rocks. It is a popularly found in Quezon province.  I first saw these alive in Burdeous, Quezon during  our family trip. The locals dried this and sell to the neighboring town. The fresh Kibit is boiled till tender and removed the outer covering. Then you can put spices and then fried. Yum Yum!    

2)      Mi-nani 

Mi-nani

I first saw this in Laguna but a friend told me that they also do cook this in Burdeous. A Cassava is hopped into small cubes , deep fried then you put some fried garlic just like the preparations that you will do in mani (peanut) that why it is called mi-nani.







3)      Abnoy


   An unhatched egg is beaten, then flour and flavorings are added and then deep fried. It got an awful and hunting smell but my friends really liked the taste.  





4)      Kibal


Kibal
  A fruit coming from sasa (nipa tree). Outer coverings are removed to get the white fruit inside. The white fruit inside is then boiled. Sugar is added afterwards to have a sweet taste. You can eat this as it is (with sugar), or u can add this to your favorite halo-halo (caramelized mixed fruit with ice and milk )





5)      Binagkat 



  unripped bananas are chopped into strips then cooked with sugar, coconut milk, milk and margarine. I always remember my high school days whenever i eat binagkat  because we normally cook this whenever we have a simple get together in one of my classmates house.

No comments: