Lazada Philippines

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Struggle and Rising of a VA


As I have mentioned in my previous blog, 2013 is a bit roller coaster ride for me. This  is the year in which I made the biggest decision in my life..to resign from my Job for 16 years and to shift to a new career.

I thought it would be very easy for me to shift because I already attended seminars and webinars in which they teach some basic knowledge about being a virtual assistant. Aside from that, a friend of mine also taught me some skills in which I can already use.

When I applied in a job bidding site, I always lost because some people bid as low as less that $1 in which I I can't accept. I know I am worth more than that.

I was a supervisor in my former job, my salary is not that big but because of overtime and some "raket" my total net amount each month is more that my gross basic salary.

I am not used of making a little money for my hourly work that is why I do not bid to jobs lower that $3... And this was my mistake. Because of my pride, I wasn't able to get a job. I am a new bee in the industry and do not have a portfolio to brag.

This year, I wanted to make a brand new start. I am more knowledgeable now because I enrolled in an e-learning system which taught me skills and let me experience the things that they are teaching.

I now have a portfolio to show, but this time I am willing to start from the bottom and then rise up and show the world what I can do. This year I will do my best to rise, to shine and to be an official Virtual Assistant.




No comments: