Lazada Philippines

Monday, January 06, 2014

My 2013- A Roller Coaster Ride

2013 was not the best year for me because  I had the biggest roller coaster ride of my entire life.

I experienced joy because this was the time that I had the most awaited travel with my Mom to Hongkong and Macau (I promised this trip to her last 2012). Sadness because I lost one of my favorite cousin in Mindoro. Fear because of my illness (I have lots) which in turn triggered my depression.

Last year also was the time I made the biggest decision of my life.. to finally resigned from my job after 16 long years because I wanted to shift to a new career.. to become a Virtual assistant.

This was a 360 degree turn for me.

During my former job I am always surrounded with people. My phone are always ringing (even on Sundays and holidays). This is huge adjustment because I am always alone at home.

Shifting to a new career was also not that easy. I encountered rejections from employers from the job bidding sites which in turns lowered my self confidence.  That was the time that I decided to enroll in an e-learning program in which I am mentored.

I encountered lots of challenges (in my e-learning course) because some of the things that I am required to do was new to me. I am also required to reach out to people- it  was not that easy  because I am not used to it. There was a time (many times actually) that I decided to quit  but thankfully,  my friend and my mentor was so patient and encouraged me to go on.

As of this moment, I am still not stable with my new career but at least now I can see the sun rising and shinning at me.

I know now that I can make it to this new field. I am now equipped than before.

I know also that there are people around me who are willing to help.

And lastly,  I have  my family who are always there, loving me and supporting me with my decision so that I would be ready to face the world this 2014.




No comments: